Every Nigerian has a love-hate relationship with NEPA.
AKA PHCN. They are the third most cursed out group in Nigeria. Just after politicians and the police force.
We have no choice but to live with it. The low currents, the crazy bills and the “playing with our emotions” are all part and parcel of the Nigerian experience.
Sure you would have experienced one of the following Scenarios;
1. Flashing Light like telephone call
NEPA just loves playing with our emotions. Chai! After 2 months and 3 flashes in 1 hour. Odabo for another 1 month!
2. No light for months but bills be steadily appearing
How?! How can you pay for a service you’re not using?
3. When they bring low current after many months
4. You want to iron your clothes and NEPA takes light
I swear NEPA has a way of timing this “scenario”. Always. And you’d be wondering why you didn’t iron earlier.
5. How your house looks when your generator is ON
Unofficial light bringer. Charging hub
6. When NEPA brings light just as it is about to rain
This is probably the first and last time you’ll see the light in weeks.
7. The moment when you guys beat the NEPA man trying to cut your light
These NEPA men “buru gaan”. You won’t bring light, you will be bringing bill upandan. And they will still want to cut your wire. Chop your beating in peace oh jare!