There are many reasons for insomnia, and one of the most important is the food we consume. So before going to bed, try not to consume there groceries and drinks. You will definitely have a healthier and easier sleep.
Here they are – the 5 biggest “sleep distractors”
1. Coffee – contains caffeine, crystalline compound which destroys the dreams. Caffeine stimulates the brain work and has us awake and alert. The body needs 6 hours in order to eliminate this compound from the system. So you can have your coffee in the morning or after lunch, but not before sleep.
2. Spice food – its common knowledge that spices can increase the body temperature. When you body is warm its much more difficult to fall asleep. When you have dinner, try not to have spice in the food. We examined sugar and its effect of the body in detail here.
3. Alcohol – there is a general opinion that alcohol helps people to fall asleep. Which is not correct. When you are having a few drinks you can fall asleep faster, but you will not have the quality of the sleep that rests the body and the brain. During the night, the alcohol in your body boils, which in turn stimulates the brain and awakes you in the middle of the night.
4. Candies – sugar is something that your organism wants (and needs), but it leaves a dangerous trap – the body always wants more of it. Consuming sugar or sugar enriched food right before going to bed will put your mood out of balance and “kill” your sleep. No sugars after 5.00 PM.
5. Tomato – this vegetable is bad for sleep because it can cause acid reflux. What’s this? Acid reflux is when some of the acid content of the stomach flows up into the esophagus – into the gullet, which moves food down from the mouth. This can cause discomfort, especially if you are lying. Tomato is also hard to digest and can irritate the stomach.